The Virtual CIO (aka vCIO, fractional CIO, part-time CIO) augments your executive team with technical vision and leadership without the overhead of a full time executive. Your company will get the experience and guidance aligned to your business objectives in ways previously only available with a dedicated CIO. Having a technical leader who is independent of other IT contracts ensures that decisions and strategy have your company interests as the highest priority.
The technology that a business uses today is different from what was used last year and will be needed next year. It is critical for every business to plan and manage their strategy for technical capabilities and investments, and to review this plan regularly. The technology strategy is focused on business goals and investing the right amounts at the right times to meet those goals. The virtual CIO will provide a technology strategy with the following outcomes:
· Software, hardware, and IT services are aligned with business goals
· A defined plan for growth through technology including goals and a roadmap to reach them
· Clear measures to evaluate progress and make data driven decisions
· A vision using technology to improve the customer experience and the employee experience
As businesses grow and adapt there is increasing need to find creative solutions and offerings. Effective ideation sessions bring varied expertise and perspectives together to solve problems and create unique offerings. The virtual CIO adds technical expertise and cross-industry experience to these sessions, opening new opportunities for creative problem solving. The virtual CIO will improve your ideation sessions in the following ways:
· Provide technology expertise for the discussions on overall business goals and vision.
· Identify new opportunities to engage with customers, employees, and vendors.
· Show how to operate your business using data to make informed decisions.
· Include modern technology like AI to reduce costs and inefficiencies.
Have an experienced technology leader manage vendors and contract negotiations to ensure the products and services are the right ones for your company. The virtual CIO manages the technology operations including:
· Manage the IT budget to reduce costs and plan investments.
· Review and adjust IT staffing levels and responsibilities to balance costs and business value.
· Identify and mitigate risks to corporate data and technology.
· Ensure digital security policy and procedures are up to date and protecting your company and employees.
Fundamentally change your relationship with data and technology to allow your company to grow and adapt. Transform your business mindset from using technology as individual tools to a culture where data and software are a natural part of every experience and decision. The digital transformation process with a virtual CIO will:
· Enable employees to collaborate effectively and efficiently.
· Remove technical challenges and barriers to information that distract employees from their core job functions.
· Create enjoyable interactions for customers.
· Streamline orders and payments with vendors.
· Prepare the company to scale for growth.
Copyright © 2020 Next Rock Consulting - All Rights Reserved.